Your child’s participation at Fired-Up Dance Academy will be greatly enhanced by your interest and involvement in our program. Parents are strongly encouraged to check-in the front desk and bulletin boards weekly for updates, announcements, and information.
Inclement Weather Policy
The studio will be closed for snow or other inclement weather based on the ability of our instructors to get to the studio. Please check the Home Page for current information, or call the studio. Please don’t come to class if you do not feel it is safe for you to travel. We often take guidance with Tigard/Tualatin School District closures.
Dancers can always call the studio for confirmation of closure after 2pm.
Monday – Thursday 3:15pm – 8:30pm
Thursday 10:30am – 12:00pm
Friday – 4:00pm – 6:00pm
Saturday – 9:00am – 1:00pm
Sunday – CLOSED
We believe the dance experience is all about esteem-building (reaching goals and doing your best); character-building (meeting a commitment to their self as well as their class); community-building (the performance celebrates our dancers’ skills, hard work and accomplishments with family and friends); celebration (sharing the Joy of movement, artistic expression and accomplishment)……and, most importantly, FUN!
Class Placement/Personalized Recommendations
All class placements are based on experience, skill level and age. Proper class placements are extremely important, which is why we use our expertise and put energy into them for each and every one of our dancers, both new and returning.
- Returning students – Class recommendations are in our system. This system enables us to create an environment in every class in which all dancers develop their skills while being appropriately challenged — and having fun! Give us a phone call and we’d love to assist in ensuring your dancer is in best-suited class. Our studio places dancers together based on age and skill level, essential for creating an optimal learning environment. This is different from many studios where classes are made up of students with an extremely wide range in age and skill level.
- New students - For dancers who come to us with experience at other studios or who have been absent from us for some time, we need to ask a few questions to familiarize ourselves with your skill level and capabilities. Once we have done so, a Fired-Up Dance Academy staff member will consult with instructors and/or department faculty leads and contact you with recommendations and/or a plan for placement. In some cases (often for more experienced dancers), an instructor or faculty department lead will work with you.Each dancer and each situation is different, which is why we tailor our response to create truly personalized recommendations.
- All students are eligible to sign up for age-appropriate beginner level classes.
Payment options include cash, check, Visa or Mastercard. Automatic Payment Options are available. See the front desk receptionist for these details.
Attendance is imperative for consistent progress and absenteeism can hold back an entire class. The studio cannot jeopardize its responsibilities to the rest of the class for one student. It is important that your child attend dance class every week.
If students are too ill to participate, they should come to observe the class unless they are contagious, have a fever above 100 degrees, or are vomiting.
If injured, your student should come and observe class. Many students find they can learn as much or more from observing a class as they do by participating!
If a student is going to be absent from class due to unforeseen circumstances, please call the studio and leave a message before class time. If students know in advance that they will be absent from class, please let the Front Desk know prior to the day of class.
Dancers must adhere to the published dress code with appropriate dancewear or they may be asked to sit and observe their class. No jeans are allowed in any class. Hair must always be secured. It is a distraction to your dancer, as well as to the class, when hair is unsecured. All dance clothing must be neat. No underwear should show. We recommend, as with swimsuits, underwear not be worn with leotards and tights.
For detailed information, please check the dress code listed under your dancer’s discipline.
- Fired-Up Dance Academy expects all dancers and observers to conduct themselves in a manner respectful to others and to themselves at all times.
- No rough-housing or loud voices are tolerated.
- Parents, please pick your children up on time.
- Students must wait inside the building to be picked up.
- Please respect the classes in progress by keeping the lobby as quiet and clean as possible.
- Please do not interrupt the teacher while a class is in session. The Front Desk receptionist is always available to assist you or make arrangements for you to speak with an instructor.
- Running, tumbling and tapping are not allowed in the studio lobby.
- Please supervise siblings at all times, teaching them the dance studio lobby etiquette. All observers, regardless of age, are expected to meet these expectations or will be asked to leave, in the interest and respect of the dancers in class.
- A dancer’s focus should be on the instructor and their class. Parents who cannot refrain from communicating with or correcting their child through the observation windows will be asked to leave.
- We are not responsible for unsupervised children!!!!!
- No food or drinks of any kind are allowed in the dance rooms.
- No gum is ever allowed into a class or rehearsal.
- No one is allowed in a dance room without an instructor’s supervision—ever.
- NO STREET SHOES are allowed onto the Marley dance floors. Dance shoes should NEVER be worn outside where dirt and rocks would be brought onto the Marley. Dance shoes are to be worn inside only!
- Short hair must be secured off of the face. Long hair must be in a ponytail or bun.
- Parents are not permitted into the dance studio unless invited by an instructor. Please allow your dancer to enter the studio unaccompanied, sending the clear message that they are to follow the direction of their instructor during their class time. Thank you for understanding the subtle yet important message this sends your dancer.
- All tap shoes should be checked to see that loose screws are set so that our dance floor is not damaged.
- The only jewelry permitted to be worn in the classroom are small earrings.
- NO CELL PHONES allowed in the dance rooms.
Parents receive a Dancer Handbook via e-mail upon registration. All students and parents should become familiar with, and abide by, the rules and regulations stated within the Parent and Dancer Guide.
Regularly check your mail as we send updates and notices via email. If you do not have an email account, please be sure our Front Desk is aware so that you can receive notifications in another manner.